At Hitchcock’s motorcycles we take the protection of your data seriously. The following policy will inform you of what data we collect, why we collect it, how it is stored and your rights as a customer to access this data.
What information do we collect?
When you register for an account either through the internet or with our phone team we may collect the following information:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Card details
- Transaction details for past purchases
- Motorcycle model details
- Motorcycle model images
How is this information used?
The information that we collect will be used for the purposes of processing your order and providing customer service. This means that we need to collect and retain contact and payment details that can be used to complete an existing order and to process future orders. We may use your information to:
- Process an order
- Send out an order
- Update on the status of an order
- Check your order against your bike model
- Display your motorcycle image on our website
- Send invoices and order confirmation messages
- If requested, to send our latest newsletter
The contract formed between yourselves and Hitchcock’s motorcycles when you create an account or submit an order is our legal ground for collecting and storing your data allowing us to provide a service and develop our business.
Who will have access to your data?
Your data may be disclosed to:
- Authorised members of staff with a business need to know relevant data
- Send out an order
- Service providers such as IT, and system and administration
- Legal and professional advisors such as auditors and lawyers
- HMRC for tax purposes
We will not disclose your information to any other 3rd Parties.
How is it securely stored?
Your personal data will be securely protected from any unauthorised access. This means that your information is held in a secure environment and no information will be passed on without verifying your identity. Our full security policy can be found at the following link Secure Shopping. Your data is protected using the following safeguards:
- Storing your data on our secure servers
- Password protected system for authorised staff to prevent loss, disclosure or misuse of your personal information
- Fully secure web-site for submitting information over the internet
How long will we keep your data?
Your data will be stored for the period that we believe is necessary to both:
- Maintain your information as an existing active customer
- To provide legal or accounting records.
What right do you have to access your data?
As a customer you have a right to request the data that we have collected and stored via a Subject Access Request. Your rights as a customer include:
- You may request to view the data that we have stored and how this data is processed. This can be provided to yourself in the most practical format possible. We may withhold this information if we deem it is lawful
- You may instruct us to permanently remove some of, or all of your personal data. We must do this as soon as possible. We may turn down this request if we need to keep the information for lawful purposes
- You may instruct us to remove your consent for any marketing, or newsletter subscriptions and we must comply immediately
- You may request that your data be kept up to date
We will respond to you on an Access Request within 30 days unless the request is complex.
To make a request please apply to the following address,
Hitchcock’s Motorcycles, Units 7 & 8, Rosemary Court, Oldwich Lane West, Chadwick End, Solihull, B93 0EY, UK
What will we do if there is a breach of data?
If there is a breach of data we have a policy in place and will notify you immediately.
Your email address that we store for processing an order such as confirmation, invoices and follow up enquiries will be used solely for this purpose. We will not use this email to send you marketing or newsletter unless you have given us explicit consent to do so. This consent will have to be confirmed by you as the customer and not as a pre-checked box. The customer has the right to remove this consent on request.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We use Google Analytics to capture information about user visits that can help us provide a better user experience on our web site. The information that is collected is anonymous and does not contain any personal information.